LETTER OF ENGAGEMENT
Date of Birth:Address: City: State:
Next of Kin: SelectOption 1Option 2Option 3
2. Client retains the Firm to provide only the below listed services:
The Firm will defend the Client in regards to certain drug trafficking charges in the Superior Court of DeKalb County. Client understands and acknowledges that the fees paid for the Firm’s retention (does/do not) include a trial or the retention of experts. To the extent required, the Firm may conduct a preliminary hearing, request a bond, negotiate a plea agreement, file any required motions, and accompany the Client to all required hearings. The Firm will also visit the Client, if in custody, as needed. Lastly, Client acknowledges and understands that this representation is solely for the case referenced – it does not include any potential probation revocations, civil forfeitures, appeals, or other cases of the Client in any other court. (the “Services”)
3. The Firm shall begin work on the Services upon the Client agreeing to the payment terms set forth below (the “Fees”), and the Client providing all documents and information required for the Services (the “Required Documents”).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
4. The Fees for the Services outlined herein shall be $2,000.00 (TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS). The Client agrees to pay the Fees as follows: Client will make an initial payment $ and will pay the remaining balance of $________ in ______ monthly payments of $250.00 with monthly installments, which should be made by the ____ day of each month (the “Payment Plan”).
5. If the Client fails to make any of the monthly payments as agreed, the Firm can unilaterally terminate this Letter of Engagement and withdraw from the aforementioned Services. In addition, if the Firm should complete the Services prior to completion of the Payment Plan, the Client’s obligations under the Payment Plan will continue until satisfied. Lastly, if the Client unilaterally terminates this Letter of Engagement for any reason before the completion of the Services, the Client agrees and understands that any refund of the Fees paid will be limited to only unearned fees.
6. The Client is responsible for ALL filing fees, fines, or other necessary expenses related to the Services. Initials:
7. The Firm does not and cannot guarantee any outcome related to the Services. Furthermore, if the Client fails to provide accurate criminal or immigration history, fails to obey any Court order, or violates any state or federal law during the provision of the Services which affect the outcome of the Services, the Firm can not be held responsible for any legal or other type of consequences caused by the Client’s acts or omissions. In such event, the Firm reserves the right to modify, at its discretion, the Fees for Services or terminate this Letter of Engagement in its entirety.
8. The Firm will inform the Client of any actual or potential conflict of interest that may arise between the Client and the Firm or any other client. If a dispute arises, the Firm will obtain written consent from the Client to continue with the Services. If the Client and/or the Firm are not aware of a conflict of interest in and such conflict arises, the Firm could be prohibited from representing the Client.
9. The Client shall inform immediately the Firm of any changes relevant to the Services, including, without limitation, any change in the Client’s address or telephone number. Likewise, Client agrees to provide any documents or information necessary to complete the Services. Client also acknowledges that the failure to maintain contact with the Firm may negatively impact the outcome of the Services. The Client also authorizes the Firm to contact any Next of Kin.
10. Client has discussed the Services listed above, and has chosen to pursue that course of action with the Firm, even if there are more expensive or less expensive representations options available.
11. Client understands and acknowledges that the Firm is a collection of attorneys, and that the Firm cannot guarantee which of its attorneys will handle the case.
12. During the intake process, Client met with and was interviewed by Christopher Taylor, or another designated intake attorney. However, Client understands and acknowledges that Christopher Taylor, or another intake attorney, is not the attorney who will be primarily responsible for Client’s case. Client also understands that an attorney, other than Christopher Taylor, will be assigned to handle Client’s case, and that once the attorney assignment is made, Client will be contacted by the responsible attorney. Lastly, the Firm will also assign a paralegal as point of contact for Client in the case. The contact paralegal for the Client’s case will be:
13. The Firm will notify Client immediately if there is a change with regard to the assigned attorney or paralegal for Client’s case. Also Client understands that due to scheduling conflicts, sometimes Client may be represented at a hearing or court appearance by someone other than your assigned attorney.
14. Client acknowledges and understands that there can be no changes made to the Services set forth above, unless the change is written in a new Letter of Engagement.
15. The laws of the State of Georgia shall govern this Letter of Engagement. In addition, in the event of any dispute between the Client and the Firm, other than a dispute over Fees, Firm and Client agree that the dispute shall be settled exclusively by arbitration with an arbitration service provider agreed to by the parties.
So agreed this .
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: CriminalEngageLttrv10132017E
Agree & Sign